Knights of Columbus
Sacred Heart Council #4120
We are an organization like no other. We are one of thousands of Councils with millions of members worldwide.
Faith is our foundation. Dedicated to the Catholic Church's growth and her good works, we serve the Church.
Serving our families is not only part of what we do, it's part of who we are.
Knights have a powerful voice that speaks out for religious and moral values, actively and financially supporting worthy causes.
The Knights of Columbus
Knights are Catholic men, aged 18 years and older, who are committed to making this community a better place, supporting the Church, enriching their faith and enhancing their family life.
On March 29, 1882, the Connecticut state legislature in the United States officially chartered the Knights of Columbus, a fraternal benefit society founded by Father Michael J. McGivney with a group of parishioners in the basement of St. Mary's Church in New Haven. Still true to its founding principals of charity, unity and fraternity the Knights of Columbus has grown into the largest lay Catholic organization in the world with more than 1.7 million members.
Sacred Heart Council in Tottenham, Ontario, was founded in 1955 and serves its community and the Roman Catholic parish of St. James with its three churches of St. James in Colgan, St. Francis Xavier in Tottenham and St. Mary's in Achill.
What we do
Since its founding in 1955, Sacred Heart Council has supported our parish and our community through fundraising, time and actions.
In recent years we have supported: St. James Parish, Special Olympics South Simcoe, Our Town Food Bank, Society of St. Vincent de Paul, our local schools and students, our local Christmas parades, the Tottenham Christmas Basket program, Keep Simcoe County Beautiful adopt-a-road program, Rose of Sharon Newmarket, Out of the Cold Alliston and more.
St. James Parish
St. James in Colgan is recognized as the second oldest parish in the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Toronto, having been established in 1830.
The parish church of St. James (above middle) is the mother of two mission churches: St Francis Xavier in Tottenham (above left) built in 1885 and St Mary's in Achill (above right) built in 1893.
Please visit our parish website: click here